I am starting a new photo blog series where I provide some guidance on taking care of your Photography Art Investment. In this first installment I will be talking about the do's and don't's of taking care of your photography aluminum metal prints so you can enjoy it for many years to come. In the coming weeks and following blog posts we will further discuss canvas prints, photo prints and acrylic prints.
Photography aluminum prints bring artworks to life with their stylish lines and added depth. The high gloss of the metal print complements the rich colors of any photography image to produce stunning results. So how do you get the most out of those art prints:
- Do not put an aluminum print face down on a hard surface as you may scratch its surface.
- Do not drop it as the metal print may get dented.
- Clean an aluminum print by gently wiping it using only a soft dry cloth.
- Do not use Windex or other cleaning solvents. A cloth dampened with water may be used on occasion, but only when necessary.
- Display prints with care. When resting on a surface, edges of a print may get worn over time and cause damage.
- An aluminum print shows best when it is viewed at eye level using indirect or ambient light.
- Aluminum prints look well in dim lit areas and are a perfect solution when decorating dark corners in any room where nothing else works.
- Do not use a spotlight to enhance the viewing of a print, it bounces off the metal and usually washes out the image.
Good light and happy photo making! Juergen