Tips for better sharpness in your photographs:
1. Use a solid tripod with head or use other supporting gear to minimize image blurriness.
2. Keep your elbows close to your chest to support camera stability when shooting handheld.
3. Use a remote or cable release. If none handy use the self-timer on your camera.
4. Don't use cheap filters that may compromise the sharpness of your image.
5. Shoot in continuous mode or take lots of photos in difficult and windy conditions.
6. Switch to manual focus instead of auto-focus to find the correct focus point.
7. Choose the right aperture and shutter speed setting. Increase your ISO setting if shutter speed is too low.
8. Find your sharp aperture lens f-stop setting. Do some test shots to determine this setting.
9. Carefully use your noise reduction software since it may "fix" small details in your pictures.
10. Sharpen your images in the end of your work-flow.