In my first 2 blog posts of this series we discussed how to protect and clean Aluminum Metal Prints and Canvas Prints. This week we will be discussing how to care for acrylic prints. Acrylic printing has a lustrous glossy finish showing off a depth and clarity to photo art that is incomparable. It takes the fine art of photography to an entire new level of modern art. Contemporary look, great color vibrancy with a near 3-D effect makes them an popular Interior Decorating Solution for public areas in hotel, sports bar, restaurant, lobby, and studio settings. Photo acrylic prints are also great for hanging in home or office and truly make for spectacular personal gifts. With proper care, acrylic prints will last for years, so you can fully enjoy and appreciate the artwork for many years to come:
1. Clean your acrylic print using a soft slightly water damp lint free cloth. Alternatively use high quality acrylic cleaners or an acrylic glass cleaner to maintain that glazing looking its best.
2. Avoid wiping the acrylic surface too hard as you may scratch the it. Consider scratch resistant acrylic when buying acrylic prints.
3. Don’t drop an acrylic print as it might chip the corner or edge of the artwork.
4. Do not hang your valuable acrylic Art Pints in direct sunlight as it may break down the paper that the photograph is printed on before face mounted. It also may cause damage to the acrylic itself.
5. Keep moisture in form of humidity low in the rooms where you hang the acrylic photography artwork. Humidity easily may damage any print as it may cause mold and mildew resulting in significant damage or total loss of your valuable Photography Art. Consider metal prints for bathrooms or other areas with excessive moisture and humidity.
Good Light and happy photo making!